Friday, May 14, 2010

A very HAB-py household

If you know Pete, then you can just imagine how happy he is these days. While the rest of the country is jumping on the Habs bandwagon, Pete's been driving it all along. For instance, "we" subscribe to the Habs channel, and a certain someone PVRs every regular season game that he can't watch live. So you can just imagine how exciting things have been around here with the Habs (who were the last team to clinch a playoff spot) having currently beat out both the #1 team (Washington) and the defending Stanley Cup champs (Pittsburgh).

I however am a Leafs fan and Pete's and my hockey team rivalry has extended to our basement decor and front license plates. We haven't pushed one team more than another on the kids and have been waiting for them to show loyalty one way or the other.

If you think Pete's happy about his Habs' performance, you can just imagine how he felt when he got home Wednesday night (game 7 against Pittsburgh) and was greeted by Ethan who would not let him go upstairs to change, and instead handed him a clue to a scavenger hunt he'd been working on all day.  Each clue had a picture to where the next clue was hidden.  After about 15 pictures, Pete opened up a picture that led him to the cupboard where we keep the school backpacks.  Inside were his and Ethan's Habs jerseys (Josh wouldn't let Ethan hide his because he was already wearing it).  The truth is, they have been wearing their jerseys with ridiculous frequency (even to bed!) during the playoffs and there is no doubt with which team their loyalties lie.  Sigh...


As an aside, I suppose I should admit to being a band-wagon-jumper-onner... it sure is exciting hockey!

Before I forget, here are some pictures of the finished mudroom... which is far and away my favourite room in the house:


2 comments:

amanda maybee said...

I join Pete with the Hab fan happiness, Zach and Jacob say the red team is the best to Greg(Toronto fan). Smart boys!

The Maybee Family said...

Love the mud room! I need to get one of those. It looks great.