Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday Ethan!

Ethan turned 6 today. Grandpa started the day off with a call from Germany and then we came down for the pre-breakfast gift opening.




Today being a school day presented some challenges with making it an "Ethan Choice Day" but we managed pretty well. We chauffered the birthday boy to school, picked him up at lunch, took him to a nearby park for a picnic, dropped him back off for the afternoon, and then returned to pick him up at the end of the day. It was "Meet the Teacher Pizza Night" which Ethan insisted we all attend, so back to the school we all trekked and enjoyed our grand tour of his classroom and ate our pizza on the gym floor.




We had his party on Sunday. We went bowling and invited 17 kids. Slightly ambitious but thanks to the help from some very great parents and a terrific group of kids, the party went off without a hitch.










Last night as I tucked him into bed, I thanked Ethan for being such a great 5 year old. His response was, "Mom I really loved being 5, but it's time for me to turn 6. I plan to be a really great 6 year old so don't worry."

Bring it on kiddo... and happy birthday. We love you lots.

No comments: