Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Skiing

Ethan and I had a Christmas Eve date at Table Mountain (a perfect beginner hill just outside of The Battlefords) and it was an absolutely magical day. I've been anxious to get him up on skis for some time but this was our first chance with our crazy hockey-dominated lives. The wait was worth it though and he completely surprised me with how quickly he picked it up. I imagined spending the day on the bunny hill, but a mere 5 runs later and he was begging to tackle the chairlift.




We had the hill mostly to ourselves the whole day and were beyond excited when we met up with the Toshs after a couple of runs off the chairlift. We spent the rest of the day together and had an awesome awesome day. To follow is a video of Ethan at the end of the day on a blue run (Ethan is the first skier, his friend Erin is the 2nd). You can see he didn't slow me down at all and I'm now shopping for deals on equipment so we can go more regularly.



We made it home on time for dinner, chocolate fondue and getting all set up for Santa's visit. It was truly an awesome day and the perfect start to a wonderful Christmas break.

No comments: