Monday, January 16, 2012

"LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!!"

Josh's bus was late today. When it finally pulled up in front of the house, the doors opened and out walked a bloody mess that resembled our son. Between the sobs I finally ascertained that he'd been punched in the nose. A few calls, texts and emails later, the other Moms and I pieced together that there had been a lot of punches thrown but none of them had been "on purpose". Josh admitted to having thrown some punches back so we made a visit to his friend's house tonight to apologize (the one who had been punched and had supposedly caused the blood spillage).

Within minutes of arriving, Josh's buddy enlightened us as to how the events transpired. Apparently after the first kid got dropped off at his stop (aka "the tattletaler"), Josh yelled out "LET THE BATTLE BEGIN" and they all started throwing punches!! At this revelation, our sweet innocent son batted his baby blues at me and sheepishly acknowledged his ring leader status in the battle royale, while I tasted blood from biting my cheek so hard to keep from laughing. Sigh... what a goofball. A cute, manipulative, and grounded goofball.



Meanwhile, in between cleaning up blood and fielding phone calls from hysterical Mothers, I was contracted to run a huge, national project and have officially bid farewell to my SAHM status - at least for the next 6 weeks. Eek! LET THE INSANITY BEGIN.

No comments: