Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our Last Preschool Graduate

Rewind almost 6 years.  We found out we were moving to Saskatoon and I started researching schools.  I found a French Immersion school that had won a prestigious national award.  When we flew to Saskatoon for our 3-day whirlwind house-hunting mission, I handed our real estate agent a list of neighbourhoods that were in the catchment area for this school.  That was the extent of our knowledge of Saskatoon.  After we made the move and unpacked (I use that term loosely - we still have unpacked boxes in the basement!), I got to task researching preschools.  It was mid-October.  I was disappointed to learn that all preschools in the city were full, some with massive waiting lists, and I had next to no chance of getting our 3-year old Ethan into one before the following September.  The more research I did, the more sure I was that the school I'd read about was definitely the one we wanted our kids to go to.  They also offered a French Immersion preschool.  I became a woman on a mission and put in several calls to the school and the preschool teacher pleading our case.  My persistence was finally rewarded (or they figured out a way to get me to stop calling!) and Ethan was offered a spot in January.

Since that time, we have sat through 6 preschool graduations (3 kids + 2 years of preschool) with Mrs. Eager and Mrs. Duncan.  They have become like family and Leah's preschool graduation at the end of May was emotional for all of us.  As you can imagine, she was a super star and sang the songs at the top of her lungs.  Here are some pictures of our graduate as well as a video of her performing one of the songs:

Our beautiful graduate

Making funny faces at Dad during the performance (she was oblivious to all the chuckles from the audience).

College Park AM Preschool Class of 2013!

Here is a video of one of the performed songs:


Congratulations Leah!  We are very proud of you. 

No comments: