Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whirlwind Trip to Ontari-ari-OOOO...

Fortunately, when it comes to flying, Leah is more like Josh than Ethan: Josh went on 21 flights before his first birthday and was a dream to travel with. By comparison, we barely survived Ethan's first few flights and I'm still haunted by his shrieking and the stares from the poor victims in our vicinity!
Leah and I flew to Toronto on February 6th via Calgary where we met up with my Dad who was enroute from Vancouver. Aside from the mammoth explosion from Leah's rear that required my Dad to cram into the bathroom with me to assist with the entire wardrobe change and hosing off from head to toe, it was a very good flight.

We were met at the airport by my Mom and came home to a house FULL of Corneils! Both my brothers came down with their respective families, bringing the household total to 14... which was nothing compared to the next day when more family members arrived and we had 23 people for dinner! It was so awesome to get caught up with everyone and introduce the gang to Leah.

A highlight of the weekend was introducing Leah to her Great-Grandmother, Isobel McKinnon. My Grandma used to smock georgeous dresses which my cousins and I always wore with pride. I have always been envious of my nieces getting to enjoy these dresses and, given I was convinced Leah would be a boy, had big plans of getting a picture of all 3 boys dressed up in these smock dresses! Little do Ethan and Josh know how lucky they are!!! Ha ha. Anyway, I dressed Leah up in the smallest of the dresses for the big introduction and it was an awesome moment. We also took the much-anticipated "4 Generations" picture.

On Tuesday, my parents drove Leah and me to London to meet the other "great"... my Dad's Mom, Betty Corneil, and we got another amazing picture of 4 generations. We spent a lovely afternoon with my Grandma and Aunt Di, and then spent the evening with my brother Bri, Karen, Eric, Kimmie and Baby Boo (due in April, rounding out my parents' grandkids total to 10!).

The rest of the week was filled with lots of visiting with friends, a couple of trips to the spa, a major shopping spree for me (oops, sorry Pete), and a baby shower which I hosted for my favourite First-Time-Yummy-Mommy-To-Be, Amy. Leah and I rounded out the week with a trip to Thornhill to visit with Pete's brother Mike, sister Sue, Shelley, Benjamin and Alex.

We flew back to Saskatoon on the 15th and were greeted by 3 very excited munchkins (yes, Pete qualifies) who took us out for a belated Valentine's dinner. The next day we spent Family Day reconnecting and filling with firsts: Josh got up on skates for the first time, and Leah went swimming for the first time. We're now fully back into our crazy routine and I'm loving every second of it.

Here is a slideshow of pictures from our week in Ontario:

No comments: