Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Leah!

We are officially through the baby stage. Sniff sniff. Leah is now 2 and there's no holding this kiddo back. She sings, she dances, she climbs (everything and anything that's scalable), she colours, she counts, she wrestles, she plays a mean drum solo, she loves hockey and soccer, and she remains obsessed with the Backyardigans.

Her birthday fell during our busiest week of the year. We had 2 Christmas parties, parent-teacher interviews, countless sports conflicts, a trip up north to site for Pete, and a big work contract for me. We hired 6 babysitters over an 8 day span and I had no idea how or when I was going to find time to bake and decorate a cake up to my usual standards.

Fortunately my friend Kelly came to the rescue having just started a home-cake-making-business and I welcomed the opportunity to hire her. Do you think Leah was impressed???




Our birthday girl is not one to shy away from centre-of-attention moments and relished all the attention she got. She was also quick to speak up when one of the bigger kids tried to help with her present opening: "NO! MINE! EE-AH BIRTHDAY!" Here are some more pictures from her party:










A very happy birthday Leah-bear. I can only imagine the mischief you'll get up to as a 2-year old! Here we go...

No comments: