Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Big girl bed

We are officially a cribless household after more than 6 years! Miss Leah initiated the transition herself a couple of nights ago (her big girl bed has been set up in her room for a couple of months now but she resisted every opportunity we gave her to sleep in it). After the usual bedtime routine I asked as I often do if she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed. This time she shouted "YA", climbed under the covers and started sucking her thumb. I stared a second in disbelief, sang her a quick goodnight song, flicked the lights and closed the door. We didn't hear a peep until 7am the next morning!! After a successful nap the next day in the big bed we quickly disassembled the crib and there's been no looking back. Any chance potty training will be this easy??



Here's a video of our big girl in her new bed. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do with the canopy, I'd love to hear it (this is the canopy the bed came with and while she's obviously quite fond of it, I desperately want to replace it but am having no luck finding one I can purchase).

No comments: