Monday, July 2, 2012

Sum-sum-summertime!!! **

**If this post had a subtitle, it would be "I'm about to be disowned"... but more on that later.

It's summer in the Paris of the Prairies and we are taking full advantage of every sunny day, every festival and every free activity we can find (old habits die hard, what can I say?).  The boys finished school at the end of June and both graduated with flying colours.  Josh's report card even described him as having "advanced academic skills".  His teacher did not hide the fact that he was a favourite.

Before I announce our big news (and the reason I'll be disowned as soon as this message is posted), I'll first post some pictures from the past month:

Planting sunflowers at the Children's Festival
Hard at work in the Lego Tent at the Children's Festival
At the Cheveldayoff Picnic in the Park - Leah with butterfly wings
Josh's Dragon Hat (the boys always try to stump the balloon guy with a "challenging request"...
... and I believe Ethan finally did!!)  Any guesses as to what this is??
Erin and Ethan at Pike Lake on the end-of-year school trip
Our "Princess Leah" after a birthday party - don't get too excited, I was granted mere seconds to snap this picture before the dress was in a pile on the floor and she was back to practicing her impressive repertoire of wrestling moves on her brothers.
Ethan playing soccer (more pictures of Josh and Leah playing on their respective teams in a future post)

Hamming it up for the local radio station at the Pride Festival
Leah "folded up" at the movie theatre - we went to see "The Lorax"
As for our big news, let me preface by saying a ridiculous amount of research was conducted (even by my standards) and ground rules have been enforced and reinforced (so much so in fact that Ethan has added a few of his own, written them all out, and posted them on the door for all to see and to go over in detail with any friends who have the poor misfortune of coming over to play).  But by no means let that deter you from the various forms of lectures and threats of disownment (?) that are no doubt coming our way. 

So... if you haven't already guessed it, we have purchased a trampoline.  The purchase was made on Saturday and we have  not seen our children since.  Furthermore, they slept in this morning until 8:00 am.  Need I say more?

Setting up the frame

... one tedious spring after another (thank goodness for excellent helpers!)

Finally ready to give it a go!

This isn't just for the kids!!!

Yep, all that hard work setting it up was worth it!!

Getting the sillies out before bed!!





No comments: