Thursday, November 19, 2009

Leah Turns 1...

I'm trying to make a concerted effort not to lament continuously about how fast time is flying... but it's pretty darn impossible for this post. Leah turned 1 today. ONE!!! While the year was indeed a giant blur, it was an absolutely awesome one and we made sure we celebrated in style.

My folks flew in for the big celebration and we invited our closest friends over for pizza and cake yesterday. It was a beautiful day and the boys and I had a ball decorating outside while Leah napped.



I pulled my standard all-nighter the night before making the cake...



We had party guests write Leah a note or wish for her to open on her 16th birthday. Many thanks to all out-of-towners for participating too. If you still want to send something, let me know. I'll hold off permanently sealing everything in a container for another month or so.



We try to hold off introducing our kids to chocolate cake until their first birthday. I love capturing that "first taste" on film and letting them just dig in. Needless to say, Leah did not disappoint!!










Presents came next and we were inundated with new hair accessories and clothes. Mommy might be the most excited of the bunch...!




A final picture of our birthday girl taken today (on her actual birthday) in her new dress from the New Liskeard clan.



Happy birthday Leah-bear!

1 comment:

Kelly Revering said...

The last picture of Leah with the big smile and cake all over her face is AWESOME!!!