Friday, February 12, 2010

100 Days of School

Ethan's class celebrated 100 days of school today and the kids were asked to bring something using 100 objects to class. For example, some kids brought structures made out of 100 pieces of lego, while some brought bristol boards displaying the number 100 out of cookies or chocolate hearts. Yesterday, Ethan and I sat down to tackle the project and he quickly decided he HAD to make a maze out of 100 pieces of spaghetti!!! A veteran Mom once told me that the most useful thing she ever bought was a glue gun. Yesterday I fully understood why (and was grateful for both her advice and for having listened!). It took a good two hours (and rest assured I was nothing more than a glue gun operator - Ethan was the chief designer and spaghetti cutter). I had to chauffeur our artist and his masterpiece to school today to ensure nothing happened to it on the bus. Needless to say he was extremely proud (as... ahem.. was I).


1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! Way to go Ethan. That is AWESOME!