Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Goodbye winter...

As I write this, I'm laughing at my 3 boys playing "chase chase" around the stairs on the main floor. Josh is wearing a pair of green 3D glasses which he believes makes him run faster. Everyone is yelling and laughing at maximum volume and Leah is sleeping through it all. It's awesome... and a complete 180 from a week ago.

Sorry for not updating in awhile. In the past few weeks, we've gone through two rounds of a wicked stomach flu. It's been rough but we're definitely through the worst of it judging by the giggles that surround me.

Shortly after our last post, the filter on our aquarium clogged and we had to say a sad farewell to both Jessa and Panton. Pete led the funeral procession to the "Gateway to the Ocean" and gave a lovely eulogy while the boys choked back tears. Why oh why didn't I do a video?? Pete then took on the task of cleaning the tank (blech) and fortunately Norbert seems to be thriving.



The weather has been quite mild lately so we've lost most of our snow and now have a swimming pool in the backyard where the rink once was. Never did I believe I would be sad to see winter go - especially living in Saskatoon - but we had a ball playing outside this year and I would have welcomed a few more weeks on our rink. Pete built the kids a couple of snow tunnels in the front yard and they spent hours playing in them.





Leah continues to grow at an alarming rate. She has the run of the house now, having mastered going both up and down stairs. While she is definitely interested in learning how to walk and has started to practice standing without anything to support her, she remains quite content to scoot everywhere life takes her! That said, her vocabulary is quite impressive and she has no trouble telling everyone exactly what's on her mind! Her new favourite passtime is putting hair clips in her hair. She sits on the floor of her bedroom and goes through the container of clips carefully selecting which one she wants and then tells me where to put it. "Here. Mom. Here." After she's got enough in, she'll announce "all done" and then proceeds to pull them all out.




Must run. "Chase chase" has turned into a game of "Sorry" and I have a title to defend!

2 comments:

The Maybee Family said...

I love the picture of Leah with the clips in her hair. She is too cute!!

Jill said...

This has got to be the coolest snow fort ever:) Wish we could come and play!