Sunday, June 19, 2011

THE BIG BC ADVENTURE - PART 2

To follow is the rest of Ethan's journal:

Sunday, June 12th
We played at the park this morning and then packed up the trailer and drove to Wasa Lake Provincial Park. After we set up and had dinner we went for a big bike ride to explore. We found a park and an awesome beach. I hope it's a nice day tomorrow!





Monday, June 13th
What a day! We went for an 8 km bike ride this morning around Wasa Lake. After lunch we played a game of soccer and then went on a 2.5 km hike to the top of the ridge. We saw 3 deer! (don't miss the video below) Then we went to the beach. Then we drove to Cranbrook to watch Vancouver lose in Game 6. Boo hoo.








Tuesday, June 14th
It was sunny this morning so Josh and I took Dad on the hike up the ridge while Mom packed up the trailer. Then we drove a LONG time until we finally got to Dinosaur Provincial Park. We played at the park and then we all got to have baths or showers in the trailer for the first time. {Editor's Note: we usually opt for the campsite showers to conserve our water supply, but there were no showers at Wasa Lake and only pay showers at Dinosaur so everyone was excited to try our own out for the first time.}



Wednesday, June 15th
It was raining when we woke up so we played games in the trailer until it cleared up. Then we went for a muddy hike in the Bad Lands. After lunch we went on 2 more big hikes. We hugged a 200 year old tree and we saw a rattlesnake on the trail. We walked and walked. We were tired! Then we drove to Brooks to find somewhere to watch the hockey game. I can't believe Vancouver lost!








Thursday, June 16th
We had time for one more big hike this morning before we packed up the trailer and started the long drive home. I'm sad the trip is over. I love my trailer. I love BC. Our BC trip was the best trip EVER! {Editor's Note: I couldn't have said it better myself Buddy!}


No comments: