Monday, June 27, 2011

Our 100th Post

We started this family blog nearly 3 years ago. It was the summer that I was pregnant with Leah and I wanted to find a way to share pictures and family happenings with all our loved ones we no longer saw on a regular basis. Now, 100 posts later (wow!) my diligent blogging serves a dual purpose. I find I am updating the blog just as much for ourselves now. These crazy years are flying by much too quickly and the kids are growing at an alarming rate. Rock-paper-scissor games that once determined who would change diapers or get up to comfort a wee one back to sleep, now determine how we divvy up sporting activities (whether it be chauffeuring, coaching or getting to play ourselves!). I love nothing more than stealing a few minutes and reading back on days past. I hope the kids will enjoy reading through this one day too. They are, after all, the inspiration behind it.

In other news, Pete had a conference in San Francisco last week and I felt it was important to tag along to ensure he had someone to take in the sights with when he wasn't working!!! Arlene and Aldo came to Saskatoon to watch the kiddos for us. This was particularly appreciated by Ethan who was anxious not to miss his last week of Grade 1. Needless to say we had a wonderful time. We toured Alcatraz, saw a Giants game, rode a cable car, walked across the Golden Gate bridge and spent a day in Napa (with our friend Joyce). Many thanks once again to Nonnie and Nonno for giving us the opportunity to enjoy a kid-free week together. All 5 of us came away from the week feeling very spoiled!! :)











No comments: